Thursday, April 09, 2020

How Far Does COVID-19 Travel Downwind In The Air?

It's been about a month since I have self-quarantined. I'm not sick or infected with Coronavirus. I decided to do this voluntarily. Why? Because I sincerely do NOT want to get infected with COVID-19! So that makes me wonder if the air I'm breathing outside when I'm sitting on my balcony could be infected with the virus? They say that we need to stay 6ft away from each other because the virus can easily spread in the air. Especially if someone coughs or sneezes.

Well today I was sitting outside on my balcony and it was windy. And that got me to thinking: How far can COVID-19 travel downwind in the air? If somebody who is infected sneezes into the wind 50 feet away from me, can the virus travel that far for me to breath it?

The reason why I started thinking about this is because it actually happened! Somebody upwind of me about 50 feet away sneezed. I think maybe a micro-second passed as my brain instantly processed WTF happened and that the wind was blowing in my direction.

Needless to say - but I will because I'm saying it now - I got up out of my chair almost instantly and muttered a "fuck that!" under my breath -- AS I'M HOLDING MY BREATH -- and rushed inside and shut the door. Yuck!!!

Anyway, if you have any thoughts or opinions you would like to share about what you think, definitely leave a comment below. I'm very curious to get people's opinions on this. How far can COVID-19 travel in the air downwind? That is the mystery question I have for myself today! :P

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home