Friday, April 10, 2020

My Google Analytics Account Has Been Activated

This is very cool. I discovered a program that Google offers called Google Analytics. It's available for all kinds of different websites but it's very simple to use here on Blogger. All I had to do was go into my Blogger settings and add my analytics ID number and instantly I can now view how much traffic my blog gets. I am even able to track the stats in real time.

Here is a screenshot example. I'm the only visitor on the blog right now! Maybe that will change soon?
Here is a screenshot example. I'm the only visitor on the blog right now! Maybe that will change soon? 
As you can see in the screenshot above, I can track traffic in real time. I tested this by visiting my blog and at the same time watching the Analytics screen. And sure enough, the moment I visited a post an orange dot appeared on the map! Pretty cool!

What are your thoughts knowing that right now as you are reading this post, I am tracking that you are doing it? I'm also tracking your location. I also know what type of device you are using to read this. And I know how long you have been here on the page reading this. I also know where you came from before you came to this page. And I will also know which page you leave from. If you come back, I will also know that too. I am able to keep track of how many times you have visited my blog and how often you come here!

Sounds pretty scary right! Well the good news is that I won't be able to figure out your name or your personal identity unless you provide that voluntarily or accidentally in a comment on one of my posts, or when sending me a message, or when sending me a direct e-mail. So even though I'm am able to track so much information; I won't be able to figure out who you are unless you do something stupid on my blog or provide me with information that you shouldn't.

The point is this: I love statistics; especially stats about my blog and the data my blog will generate when people visit it. I value and respect your privacy; and I expect the same from you. If there ever is a problem, keep in my that your IP address is also being logged. It's not too tricky for a guy like me to use data like mentioned above coupled with information that you have either accidentally or voluntarily provided me and figuring out who you are. So, just mind your P's and Q's and I think everything will work out fine! :P 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home