Friday, April 10, 2020

Do People Really Go Crazy Being Alone?

With COVID-19 in The Air (No Pun Intended) Can Self-Isolation Make You Crazy?


I've been wondering about that? Can living a life in complete solitude cause a person to become crazy? I know that people who are live in solitary confinement in prison go crazy. That's statistically been proven already. But the question is can the same thing happen to people who live the same way but as a free person? Define free? In prison you're forced to stay inside a cell. With COVID-19 we're forced to stay in our home. How are things much different between these two examples? 

The answer is they are not much different at all! Basically the long-story short, is your home has now become a luxury solitary confinement prison cell. Your cell just really happens to be a very Deluxe Edition. And either you have a cell mate or mates, or you happen to live in solitary confinement. See where I'm going with this? 

So what happens to the people, such as myself, who falls into the I'm living in this deluxe jail cell alone? I've got a nice view and I even have two balconies. I'm allowed out of my cell to go grocery shopping and shopping for other essential items; but I'm instructed to quickly come back to my cell. And while I'm out of my cell, I can't touch people, and if I choose to talk to someone I must stand six feet away from them otherwise I could get sick from them. :P

Crazy situation right? You could easily think to yourself, "Hey the guy who wrote this post must be crazy!" But I'm not crazy. During the COVID-19 outbreak I've been doing a lot of things and keeping myself busy around the house. And example of keeping busy is writing this post. It's taken me so far about 30 minutes to think about what I wanted to write about, compose it and publish it. And after it's published I'll probably sit here for another 10 minutes re-reading what I wrote and then I'll likely spend another 5 minutes making some edits. 

See how quickly time can pass when you keep your mind occupied. So yes... I think it's very possible for somebody to become crazy if they are isolated even in the best environments such as living in a nice home. But it all depends on your attitude and building a routine and keeping yourself busy. Right now I work six days a week. So that helps with passing the time. I also work from home. During my 1 day off per week, those are the days I find a little challenging. So I do things to allow the time to pass such as writing posts on my blog. 

Are you alone during the COVID-19 outbreak? If so, you can share the things you have been doing towards continuing to live a wonderful and fun life. Post a comment using the form below to share your tips and ideas. 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home